Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates.
How your Stockbridge rates are determined
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rates.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The type of car you drive makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit history is a important factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Where you live – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Stockbridge may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Georgia, click this link.
What about my local Stockbridge agents?
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Stockbridge who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
What types of insurance agencies are in Stockbridge?
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Stockbridge are categorized either independent or captive.
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Stockbridge captive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 5627 N Henry Blvd # J – Stockbridge, GA 30281 – (770) 474-3691
State Farm Insurance – 3525 Highway 138 SE – Stockbridge, GA 30281 – (770) 474-1887
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you should always contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Stockbridge willing to provide price quotes.
Coggins Agency – 148 Burke St – Stockbridge, GA 30281 – (770) 507-6181
Dependable Insurance – 899 Highway 138 W – Stockbridge, GA 30281 – (770) 389-4554
Steve Roberts Agency Inc – 5530 N Henry Blvd – Stockbridge, GA 30281 – (770) 474-3810
Peach State Auto Insurance – 32 Highway 138 E – Stockbridge, GA 30281 – (678) 284-1717
For a complete listing of insurance agents in Stockbridge, simply jump to this page.
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Georgia?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Additional consumer information websites
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Georgia consumers can view agent and company licensing information, find a variety of consumer forms, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Keep this in mind
Discount auto insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Stockbridge, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.