Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can overdraw your funds and require stricter spending habits. Comparing price quotes can save money and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Because there are so many options, it can be impossible to locate the lowest price insurance company.
The best way we recommend to compare rates is to know the trick most insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including if you’re married, whether or not you need a SR-22, your occupation, and distance driven. The rating information gets sent immediately to insurance companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
Earn discounts on Missouri car insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Multi-car Discount – Having all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can get lower premium rates.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Missouri, click here to view.
Why you might pay higher rates in Washington
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Theft deterrents save – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Driving citations inflate rates – Even one ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Lower premiums with no policy lapses – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Missouri department of motor vehicles.
- Does your vocation cost you more? – Jobs such as military generals, executives and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than average because of intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Missouri?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
More detailed Missouri car insurance information is available at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Missouri consumers can file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, download brochures, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
More related Washington car insurance information:
- Buy Lynnwood Washington Car Insurance Like a Scrooge
- 9 Guaranteed Ways to Reduce Car Insurance Costs in Issaquah Washington
- 10 Money Saving Ideas Shown to Save on Car Insurance Costs in Kent Washington
Advertising and car insurance
Missouri consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the best rates by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise the message that people will save if you get a free and switch your policy.
How does every company save you money? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers give the best rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. One example of this type of driver might be married and over the age of 30, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. Anyone that meets those criteria will most likely get cheap prices and most likely will save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these stringent criteria will see more expensive rates and ends up with business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you , the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More affordable car insurance can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.