Shopping for low-cost Waukesha car insurance online is impossible for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. With dozens of online companies, how can you even start to compare them all to find the best pricing?
It’s important to do rate comparisons at least once a year because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest price six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to find cheap car insurance.
Free Waukesha Car Insurance Quotes
Finding lower Waukesha car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. All that’s required is to spend a little time to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. One form submission will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for car insurance online requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare Liberty Mutual, State Farm and Allstate. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Waukesha, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to obtain prices from the web and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using exactly the same information with each company. If you are comparing differing limits you can’t possibly make an equal comparison in Waukesha.
Your insurance agent down the street
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Waukesha who will compete for your coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy!
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
What type of Waukesha car insurance agent is right for you?
When researching a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Waukesha are categorized either captive or independent. Both write coverage properly, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can impact buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are captive insurance agencies in Waukesha willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 721 Meadowbrook Rd # 3 – Waukesha, WI 53188 – (262) 547-7212
- Allstate Insurance – 1720 Pewaukee Rd # B1 – Waukesha, WI 53188 – (262) 513-8790
- Farmers Insurance Group – S22w22660 Broadway # 3b – Waukesha, WI 53186 – (262) 547-8716
- American Family Insurance – 1425 Summit Ave # 203 – Waukesha, WI 53188 – (262) 542-6466
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you should always contact multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.Many can place coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Waukesha who can help you get price quote information.
- Ed Gramza Agency – 5439 Durand Ave – Waukesha, WI 53186 – (262) 544-7080
- Graffin Roozen Agency – 100 E Sunset Dr – Waukesha, WI 53189 – (262) 547-3979
- American Insurance Spec Inc – 379 W Main St # 103 – Waukesha, WI 53186 – (262) 549-1945
- Matson Insurance – 1717 Paramount Dr – Waukesha, WI 53186 – (262) 513-8803
- Rich Carrao Agency – 701 N Barstow St – Waukesha, WI 53186 – (262) 542-4676
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Waukesha, visit this site.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.
Some additional reading
Additional detailed information can be found at the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Wisconsin consumers can discover disciplinary actions, report car insurance fraud, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and download brochures.