Finding the most affordable Fort Myers auto insurance on the internet is impossible for people who are new to buying insurance online. With a ridiculous number of choices, how can Fort Myers drivers have a chance to compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
It’s smart to shop coverage around yearly since insurance rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates six months ago you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you the best ways to buy auto insurance cheaper.
Auto Insurance Prices in Fort Myers, Florida
Most major insurance companies provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is quite easy as you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on many factors.
Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit repetitive. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price possible.
The smarter way to find lower prices utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much easier. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted and you can select your choice of the quotes that you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, click here and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
But I want to work with a local agent
Certain consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local businesses is important particularly in Fort Myers.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will compete to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier! You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-118.jpg" alt="Florida car insurance prices”/>
Captive and independent Fort Myers insurance agents
When researching an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Fort Myers are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.Most can insure with smaller companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent agents in Fort Myers willing to provide rate quotes.
- Tim Shaw Insurance Group Inc – 4091 Colonial Blvd – Fort Myers, FL 33912 – (239) 939-1010
- John A Mertz Insurance – 6719 Winkler Rd # 214 – Fort Myers, FL 33919 – (239) 482-4023
- Coppin Agency – 15271 Mcgregor Blvd # 3 – Fort Myers, FL 33908 – (239) 489-2442
- Glenn Black District Agency – 8191 College Pkwy # 206 – Fort Myers, FL 33919 – (239) 985-2810
- Downey Agency Inc – 1342 Colonial Blvd # K103 – Fort Myers, FL 33907 – (239) 274-7884
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of captive insurance agents in Fort Myers that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 7290 College Pkwy # 101 – Fort Myers, FL 33907 – (239) 277-7111
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 14180 Metropolis Ave # 1 – Fort Myers, FL 33912 – (239) 561-5100
- State Farm Insurance – 4460 Cleveland Ave # E – Fort Myers, FL 33901 – (239) 936-0027
- Liberty Mutual – 2070 Mcgregor Blvd # 1 – Fort Myers, FL 33901 – (239) 479-5161
To view a complete directory of auto insurance agents in Fort Myers, visit this site.
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Fort Myers?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates due to high stress and long work days. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance companies in Florida generally give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. If you have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
Quote more, save more
Lower-priced auto insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Fort Myers, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Additional consumer information websites
Additional information can be read on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Click here for link. Florida consumers can find out industry alerts, learn about specific coverages, and read state legal mandates and laws.