Cutting costs on Quincy auto insurance might be hard for drivers who have little experience online rate comparisons. People have so many companies to choose from that it can easily be a big hassle to locate the lowest prices.
You need to compare premium rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Locating the lowest cost auto insurance coverage in Quincy is quite easy. But Illinois consumers do need to know how big insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates is to know the fact auto insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including how old drivers are, your education level, whether you are married, and how you use your vehicles. That rating information is sent automatically to many different companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Rate influencing factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums tend to be for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Location can modify price – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Having just one driving citation can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to legally drive.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Age of drivers impacts premiums – Teen drivers in Illinois are statistically shown to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a young driver to your auto insurance policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- File policy claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Illinois give the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Bundle and save – The majority of auto insurance companies provide lower prices to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Take advantage of every auto insurance discount
Some companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their than their less cautious counterparts.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Quincy Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Quincy can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you with some auto insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, teen driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, and business and professional.
- Geico has savings for air bags, defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, multi-car, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, and claim free.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple policy, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
Double check with every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer online auto insurance quotes in Quincy, follow this link.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Quincy insurance agency
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Quincy car insurance agents are either independent or captive
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Quincy agents are categorized either independent or captive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the captive channel are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Quincy that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 220 N 12th St – Quincy, IL 62301 – (217) 222-2066
- Beth Barnes State Farm Ins – 3600 Broadway St # 2 – Quincy, IL 62305 – (217) 223-7520
- Allstate Insurance – 1905 Jefferson St – Quincy, IL 62301 – (217) 223-5536
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following are Quincy independent agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Country Insurance – 331 S 36th St # 4b – Quincy, IL 62301 – (217) 222-5841
- David Cawthon Insurance and Svc – 3701 E Lake Ctr – Quincy, IL 62305 – (217) 223-0046
For more insurance agents in Quincy, please see this full listing of Quincy auto insurance providers.
Cheaper coverage is out there
Budget-friendly auto insurance is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Quincy, so get from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Consumers can get help finding coverage, view agent and company licensing information, read industry bulletins, and find out industry alerts.
These articles may also be worth reading.