Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can empty your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances. Lots of car insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest price
Discounts can save BIG
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount with a few car insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Student – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Springdale, click here.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Springdale who will compete for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arkansas?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
To contact a specific insurance agent in Springdale, simply jump to this page.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurer that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Even more information is located at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Arkansas drivers can view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Do the work, save more money
We just covered a lot of information how to reduce car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or Geico.
Cheap car insurance can be found online and with local Springdale insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.