High-priced auto insurance can sap your family’s budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest cost company.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some auto insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in West Virginia, follow this link.
All the larger auto insurance companies like Allstate, Geico and Progressive give coverage prices direct online. Getting quotes is possible for anyone as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on the data you entered. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for better auto insurance pricing.
There is a better way to compare rates
The smarter way to compare rates uses just one form to get prices from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online shopping a little more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can select your choice of the quote results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
In order to compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will be getting a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how to get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.