Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced car insurance? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one. Many insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute best price available.
Low Cost Columbus Car Insurance
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive quote prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will obtain your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to many different websites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get better car insurance pricing.
There is a better way!
A more efficient way to find better car insurance pricing requires only one form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping a lot less work. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the price quotes you receive.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-24.jpg" alt="lower rates in Columbus” />
To compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Columbus, click here to view.
Different people need different coverages
When buying adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
For more information
Additional information can be read on the website for the Indiana Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Indiana drivers can download brochures, report car insurance fraud, find disaster information, and discover disciplinary actions.
Other related articles: