Buying the cheapest Colonial Heights auto insurance over the internet can seem to be problematic for people who are new to buying insurance on the web. Since there are so many insurers to choose from, how can consumers effectively compare them all to find the lowest price available?
These discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
To choose companies offering auto insurance discounts in Virginia, click here.
Cheap Colonial Heights Auto Insurance Comparisons
Most major insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give price estimates online. The process is quite simple as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find better auto insurance pricing.
There is a better way to compare rates
The smarter way to find lower prices utilizes a single form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes price shopping online much easier. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the quotes that you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To get comparison pricing now, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Different people need different coverages
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cost effective auto insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Colonial Heights, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.