Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can dwindle your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Having so many companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the right insurer.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rates six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to save on car insurance.
Buying car insurance in Garland is not that difficult. Basically, anyone who is shopping for car insurance should be able to save money. But Texas drivers must learn the way companies sell online.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Garland, follow this link.
What about my local Garland agents?
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Garland who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Choosing a company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How are they compensated?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Different types of insurance agencies in Garland
When researching a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Garland can either be independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of captive agencies in Garland that are able to give comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 6442 Broadway Blvd – Garland, TX 75043 – (972) 226-6500
Allstate Insurance – 1949 E Centerville Rd # 4 – Garland, TX 75041 – (972) 271-5200
Farmers Insurance Group – 3306 W Walnut St # 404 – Garland, TX 75042 – (972) 272-7398
These agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent agents in Garland who can help you get price quote information.
Maners Agency Inc – 552 W Interstate 30 # 303 – Garland, TX 75043 – (214) 252-8595
All State Insurance – 2214 S Jupiter Rd – Garland, TX 75041 – (972) 926-9101
Sherry Hobbs Agency – 1925 Westcreek Dr – Garland, TX 75042 – (972) 470-9870
Julie Carter Agency – 3200 Broadway Blvd # 170 – Garland, TX 75043 – (972) 278-3646
Capital Insurance Svc – 3419 W Walnut St – Garland, TX 75042 – (972) 272-5252
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Garland, view this link.
After receiving positive responses and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage.
For more information
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Texas consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find disaster information, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The following articles may also be useful.
Online plus local equals savings
Low-cost car insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Garland, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.