I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when the cost is way too high.
With consumers having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to find the lowest cost insurance company.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Asheville, NC
There are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The fastest way to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for separate quotes to each individual auto insurance company. Just one form gets you coverage quotes .
- A less efficient way to compare prices consists of visiting each company’s website and request a quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from Nationwide, State Farm and Progressive. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Asheville, click here.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits with every price quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Asheville. Having just a slight variation in limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that getting more free quotes helps locate the best price.
Discounts are great for lower rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Additional information is available on the website for the North Carolina Department of Insurance. Click here for link. North Carolina drivers can view agent and company licensing information, find a variety of consumer forms, and read industry bulletins.
Compare but don’t skimp
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.