Perplexed by the crazy number of car insurance choices in Cedar Falls? Many other drivers are as well. People have so many options that it can turn into a challenge to locate the lowest price.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around at least once a year because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Discounts are basically free money
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying car insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
To choose companies with discount car insurance rates in Cedar Falls, click here to view.
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Cedar Falls
Most companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give prices for coverage online. This process is quite easy as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. After you complete the form, the system gets your driving record and credit report and provides a quote.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to get better prices.
The quickest way to lower your car insurance bill is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any of the quotes returned.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When buying coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
More comparisons equals lower rates
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest car insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Cedar Falls, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.