Feel like you have an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local Logansport auto insurance companies. The quickest method to do a complete rate comparison is to get quotes online. This can be done by using one of the methods below.
- One of the fastest ways to get quotes is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This quick form keeps you from doing a different quote for each price estimate. One form will get you price quotes from all major companies.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates is going to each individual company website and fill out a new quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you need rates from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and GEICO. In order to get each rate, you would have to go to each individual site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in Logansport, click here.
- The least efficient and most time consuming way to comparison shop rate quotes to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the personal advice that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but buy the policy through an agent.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, ensure you’re using equivalent quote data for every quote you compare. If you use different deductibles it’s impossible to make a fair rate comparison in Logansport. Slightly different insurance coverages or limits can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them, too.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly married, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Logansport.
After completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Logansport who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good Logansport insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures to choose from. Agents can be described as either independent agents or captive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Logansport that can possibly get you pricing information.
Dick Sims Agency Inc – 4301 Grand Prix Dr – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 737-7467
Jim Kitchell Agency – 518 North St – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 753-6251
Piercy Insurance Svc – 2500 George St – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 722-2886
Group Insurance Admin – 806 Bates St – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 722-9084
Stansbury Agency – 200 Eel River Ave – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 722-5044
Captive Auto Insurance Agencies
Captive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Captives cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of captive insurance agents in Logansport willing to provide comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 900 18th St – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 753-4420
Shelter Insurance – 2212 E Market St – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 722-2999
Farm Bureau Insurance – 1730 W Market St – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 753-3143
American Family Insurance – 214 S 6th St – Logansport, IN 46947 – (574) 722-7646
To search for agencies near you, please visit this directory of insurance agencies in Logansport.
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Seven tips to get lower Logansport auto insurance rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most insurance companies afford a discount to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Never have policy lapses – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Indiana DMV.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Credit history impacts premium costs – Your credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Double check that your policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
The cheapest auto insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more Indiana auto insurance information
More information is located on the . Click here for link. Consumers can get help finding coverage, report car insurance fraud, view agent and company licensing information, and discover disciplinary actions.