Finding the best price on Longmont auto insurance may seem to be difficult if you’ve never compared online price comparisons. Don’t let that stop you because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Colorado?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Even more information is available at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Colorado consumers can get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, and download brochures.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be found on the web in addition to many Longmont insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.