Do you get confused by the wide range of car insurance providers in your area? Many other drivers are too. You have so many providers to choose from that it can turn into a difficult challenge to find a more affordable company. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Louisburg has lots to offer, but paying high car insurance rates can make it hard for many residents to be able to buy decent coverage.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give prices for coverage on their websites. Doing online price comparisons doesn’t take much effort because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get the best price on car insurance.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to find cheaper rates requires only one form to return rates from multiple companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can select your choice of the returned quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you .
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, accident-free, good driver, early bird, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, youthful driver, safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, good student, and anti-theft.
- Travelers offers discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, and early quote.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Geico may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, seat belt use, military active duty, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
More detailed Kansas car insurance information is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas consumers can report car insurance fraud, download brochures, and learn about insurance regulations.