Are you at wits end from sacrificing to insure your vehicles every month? You are in the same boat as many other Colorado drivers. Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest rate possible.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Don’t believe everything you read about auto insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to lower your auto insurance rates.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Rifle is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Colorado consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate provide insurance quotes online. Getting online quotes can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into the form. After you submit the form the quote system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information determined by many factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get better auto insurance pricing.
The preferred way to lower your auto insurance bill requires only one form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much more efficient. After sending your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quote results. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will get a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Auto insurance companies offer money-saving discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these disounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, anti-theft, good student, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, early bird, mySafetyValet, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Geico offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be available in your area.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Informative consumer insurance sites
Additional detailed information can be read at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, get help finding coverage, and read industry bulletins.