Comparison shopping for West Bend auto insurance is always hard for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to compare prices in West Bend.
Buying cheaper coverage in West Bend is simple if you know the tricks. Essentially every vehicle owner who carries auto insurance will be able to save money. Nevertheless, Wisconsin consumers must understand how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance in West Bend, WI
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes and find the best price. The recommended way to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
One of the best ways to find low rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotes to each individual auto insurance company. Filling out one form compares rates instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
A harder way to compare prices requires a trip to the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. You would have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in West Bend, click here.
The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is to waste gas driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If you enter different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in West Bend. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies helps you find lower pricing.
Save $494 a year. For real?
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change your policy. How do they all claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not match the requirements will have to pay higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully state the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about before being credited.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in West Bend can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in West Bend, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from a local agent
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is important especially in West Bend.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in West Bend who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. How’s that for easy! You can find better rates AND an agent nearby.
Types of insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that you can select. West Bend agents can either be captive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you should always contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in West Bend that are able to give rate quotes.
- Dick Staver Agency – 2395 W Washington St # 102 – West Bend, WI 53095 – (262) 334-2898
- Nowack Insurance – 519 Hickory St – West Bend, WI 53095 – (262) 338-0737
- Shannon Wink Agency – 3714 W Washington St – West Bend, WI 53095 – (262) 338-8604
- Wisconsin Insurance Group – 703 Cedar St – West Bend, WI 53095 – (262) 335-6680
Captive agencies are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of captive agencies in West Bend that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 1717 W Paradise Dr – West Bend, WI 53095 – (262) 334-1100
To view a complete directory of auto insurance agents in West Bend, visit this site.
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How long has their agency been in business in West Bend?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
After getting reasonable responses to your questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in Wisconsin can be read on the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Click here for link. Wisconsin drivers can report car insurance fraud, file complaints about a company, and read consumer alerts.
A tidy conclusion
The cheapest auto insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in West Bend, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your auto insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.