If price shopping auto insurance online is new to you, you may be overwhelmed by the hoards of auto insurance companies vying for business in Clearfield.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- Where you live – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- With age comes lower rates – Teen drivers in Utah have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like lawyers, executives and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and long work hours. Other professions such as actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
How to Get Clearfield Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Most companies give coverage price quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you simply type in into the quote form. When complete, the company’s rating system requests reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on many factors.
Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find a better rate.
A more efficient way to compare rates is to use a quote form that obtains quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison a little more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
Take advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
What about my local Clearfield agents?
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Clearfield.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Clearfield who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Compare rates from both independent and captive insurance agents
If you’re trying to find local Clearfield agents, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Clearfield agents are either independent or captive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following are independent agencies in Clearfield that can give you rate quotes.
- Blen Smith Insurance – 778 E 700 S – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 773-7570
- Shane Charlesworth Agency – 928 W 1800 N # G – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 774-5535
- Hawks Agency – 466 N Main St # 210 – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 773-0888
- Shelley Stevens Agency – 1436 Legend Hills Dr # 329 – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 779-2353
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 129 S State St # 220 – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 774-8665
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of captive agencies in Clearfield that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 1917 W 1800 N # D8 – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 825-5524
- Allstate Insurance – 530 S State St – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 525-6661
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 129 S State St # 220 – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 774-8665
- Farmers Insurance Group – 189 S State St # 245 – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 779-9699
- State Farm Insurance – 2122 W 1800 N # B – Clearfield, UT 84015 – (801) 776-4300
For a full directory of captive insurance agents in Clearfield, simply jump to this page.
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has their agency been open in Clearfield?
After receiving good answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance.
Additional information can be read on the Utah Insurance Department website found here. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, learn about specific coverages, find a variety of consumer forms, and read industry bulletins.
Shop smart and save
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
Low-cost auto insurance can be found both online in addition to many Clearfield insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.