Tired of not being able to afford to buy car insurance? You are no different than most other car owners in West Virginia.
Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from different in Ravenswood, West Virginiainsurance companies. The recommended way to find competitive insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in several different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing separate quotes for each company. Completing one form compares rates from all major companies.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates requires a visit to the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and Farmers. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Ravenswood, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to different Ravenswood agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice only provided by licensed Ravenswood agents. However, consumers can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage information for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Ravenswood. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Compare online but buy from a local Ravenswood agent
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Now that’s easy! You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent.
Picking a company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
The difference between Ravenswood car insurance agents
When researching local Ravenswood agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agents can either be captive or independent.
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with like Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below are Ravenswood captive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 408 Washington St – Ravenswood, WV 26164 – (304) 273-5306
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Ravenswood that are able to give price quotes.
Ravenswood Insurance Ctr – 255 Washington St – Ravenswood, WV 26164 – (304) 273-2799
Miller Insurance – 101 Washington St – Ravenswood, WV 26164 – (304) 273-2260
To view a complete directory of licensed insurance agents in Ravenswood, simply jump to this page.
After getting reasonable responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Some additional reading
Additional detailed information is available at the West Virginia Insurance Commission website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.