I can’t think of a single person who enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest rates on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Cheap Rolla Auto Insurance Comparisons
Getting better auto insurance pricing can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to take time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The best way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. A single form will return quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- A harder way to obtain and compare quotes online is to take the time to go to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Allstate and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Rolla, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to compare rates is to spend time driving to different Rolla agent offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverage information on every quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison in Rolla.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- How much liability coverage do I need in North Dakota?
- What are North Dakota no-fault laws?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in North Dakota?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
What about my local Rolla agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent. Insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Rolla.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Rolla who will compete for your business. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
The different types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Rolla agents are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you should always include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Rolla that are able to give price quote information.
Jim Insurance – 14 Main Ave E – Rolla, ND 58367 – (701) 477-5211
First State Insurance – 15 Main Ave E – Rolla, ND 58367 – (701) 477-6431
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are captive agencies in Rolla that are able to give price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 1104 Highway 5 W – Rolla, ND 58367 – (701) 477-3022
To view a complete directory of Rolla captive insurance agencies, simply jump to this page.
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Upon getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
To learn more about auto insurance in North Dakota
Additional auto insurance information is located on the website for the North Dakota Insurance Department through this link. North Dakota consumers can find out industry alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, view agent and company licensing information, and report car insurance fraud.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Rolla