When shopping for lower-priced insurance, are you frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance companies in Tecumseh? You have such a large number of options that it can turn into a lot of work to locate the lowest rates. Everyone knows Tecumseh is a wonderful place to live, but expensive auto insurance premiums can make it hard for many residents to pay other bills every month.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the easiest ways to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Cutting your Tecumseh auto insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. You just have to take time getting comparison quotes to discover which company has . Insurance prices can be quoted in a couple of different ways.
If you’re in a hurry, the quickest way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This style of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets coverage cost estimates from multiple companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
A more difficult way to find lower rates requires a trip to each individual company website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Progressive, State Farm and GEICO. You would need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Tecumseh, click here.
The final way to comparison shop rate quotes is to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. You can, however, price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you compare equivalent coverages for every quote you compare. If you enter different coverage information you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best in Tecumseh.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies do not list all possible discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Tecumseh can help you save on auto insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will bring down your auto insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, air bags, emergency military deployment, driver training, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for type of vehicle, age of vehicle, multi-car, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, distant student, youthful driver, early shopping, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for air bags, safe driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, and paperless.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, new graduate, good student, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and teen driver discount.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, multi-car, drive less, and safe driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- USAA has savings for military installation, multi-vehicle, family discount, multi-policy, good student, and annual mileage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered in your state. To choose insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tecumseh, click this link.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Additional auto insurance links
More detailed Michigan auto insurance information is available at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Michigan drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read industry bulletins.