Paying for high-priced car insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and force you to make sacrifices. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet.
With consumers having so many options, it’s difficult to locate the lowest cost insurer.
It is always a good idea to compare rates periodically due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Buying car insurance in Ballwin is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. But Missouri drivers must learn how insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Missouri, follow this link.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Ballwin
Most major insurance companies give price estimates on their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to do this in order to get better prices.
A less time-consuming method to lower your rates is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the price quotes you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a price comparison for exact coverage.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The following are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- More claims means more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Missouri give cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit history is a huge factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- How your age affects price – Teenage drivers in Missouri are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teenage driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Missouri minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Shop online but buy locally
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent.
Picking a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Missouri?
If you prefer to view a list of agents in Ballwin to contact, please click here.
Upon receiving good answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance company that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you move your coverage to them. How do they all make almost identical claims?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A driver who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and therefore will save when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for these standards must pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why drivers should quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
More effort can pay off
Discount car insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Ballwin agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and discover disciplinary actions.