Wish you could get out of overpriced car insurance? You’re in good company because there are many people just like you. Big companies like Progressive, Geico and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to check car insurance prices before your next renewal because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There are a lot of ways to save on car insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to buy car insurance cheaper.
Most companies provide pricing from their websites. Getting quotes is easy for anyone as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. Behind the scenes, their system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on the information you submitted. Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to multiple sites and enter the same data into a form can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest price.
An easier way to find better car insurance pricing uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes quoting online a lot less work. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any one of the quote results. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly compare rates now, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Lower-cost Berthoud car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you .
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Berthoud may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, student driver, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, and family plan.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, and safety device.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. To locate insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Berthoud, follow this link.
Even more information is located at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Colorado consumers can read industry bulletins, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read state legal mandates and laws.