Have you fallen victim to an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Finding the best rates in Bethany Beach is not rocket science. Nevertheless, Delaware car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
How to Compare Bethany Beach Car Insurance Costs
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but one way is more efficient than others. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Bethany Beach, or you could use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and every company then gives them pricing based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for each company. To compare pricing click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose which companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in Delaware. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing identical quote information on every quote. If you use differing limits then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best in Bethany Beach. Just a small difference in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, quoting more helps locate lower pricing.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Resident Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Delaware, click here.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Delaware?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Delaware car insurance information
Additional information is located on the website for the Delaware Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Delaware drivers can get help finding coverage, read industry bulletins, discover disciplinary actions, and find a variety of consumer forms.