I can’t think of a single person who rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are too high. Vehicle owners have many insurers to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find a good deal.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around quite often because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rate two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to save on car insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Milledgeville is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and still get good coverage. Georgia drivers just need to know the most effective way to buy car insurance online.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Theft Deterent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Geico includes discounts for military active duty, multi-vehicle, air bags, membership and employees, good student, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, newly married, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and teen driver discount.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, early bird, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state. To find insurers with significant discounts in Milledgeville, click here.
Comparing car insurance rates can take time and effort if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Milledgeville, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to each individual car insurance company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to pricing coverage this way is that you can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of low cost car insurance companies in Georgia. View list of Georgia insurance companies.
The method you choose is up to you, but do your best to enter nearly identical coverages and limits with every price quote. If you use different liability limits you will not be able to determine the lowest rate in Milledgeville.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
When searching for , it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many tips how you can reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or Geico.
Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance can be purchased online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.