Tired of being strong-armed to insure your vehicles every month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Louisiana. Numerous insurers battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to discover the definitive best price available.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Sulphur is not that difficult. Louisiana consumers only need to know the most effective way to find the lowest price over the internet.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Sulphur, click this link.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all make an identical promise about savings if you move your policy.
How does each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the requirements will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Even more information can be read at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Consumers can find disaster information, learn about specific coverages, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and file complaints about a company.
Smart shoppers get results
Lower-priced car insurance can be bought from both online companies and with local Sulphur insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.