Shopping for discount Margate auto insurance online can be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners new to comparing rates over the internet. With so many insurance agents and insurance companies available, how can Margate drivers effectively compare each option to find the best available rates?
It’s a good habit to quote other rates on a regular basis since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best deal a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Discounts can really help lower premiums
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could earn cheaper prices.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies provide a small discount over the internet.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To find auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Margate, follow this link.
Buy more affordable auto insurance with these tips
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Occupation and insurance prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as judgesair traffic controllers and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average because of intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as actors, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Adjust coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Deter vehicle theft – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Age of drivers – Beginning drivers in Florida tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure , and usually have better credit.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Even a single moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Stay claim-free and save – Auto insurance companies in Florida provide the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Florida?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
To learn even more about auto insurance
Even more information is located at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can report car insurance fraud, find a variety of consumer forms, read state legal mandates and laws, and learn about insurance regulations.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
The cheapest auto insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Margate insurance agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.