Finding more affordable prices for Marion auto insurance may be a challenge for drivers who have little experience online comparison shopping. People have so many options that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find cheaper prices.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some solid techniques on how to slash your auto insurance rates.
This information will help you learn how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Virginia consumers just need to learn the most effective way to compare company rates on the web.
Why you might pay higher rates in Marion
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Being married actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Stay claim-free and save – If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Insurance companies in Virginia award cheaper rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurance companies will give lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find better rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
How to compare free Marion auto insurance price quotes
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance quotes, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend the better part of a day talking to agents in Marion, or you can utilize the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to every company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to using this type of form is you can’t choose which providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in Virginia. View list of Virginia insurance companies.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but make absolute certain that you use the same coverage limits on every price quote you get. If you enter different liability limits then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best in Marion.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these disounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles could earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can get a small discount on rates.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- E-sign – Certain auto insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application digitally online.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for safety features, new move discount, newly retired, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, and air bag.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Marion, click here.
Local Marion insurance agencies
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Marion.
After filling out this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Marion who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
When researching a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-captive) or captive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Marion who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Blevins Insurance – 766 Chatham Hill Rd – Marion, VA 24354 – (276) 783-6653
- Chris Scher Insurance – 200 Broad St – Marion, VA 24354 – (276) 783-7061
Captive Auto Insurance Agencies
Captive agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy from captive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below are captive agencies in Marion who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 1239 N Main St – Marion, VA 24354 – (276) 783-3500
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 354 S Main St – Marion, VA 24354 – (276) 783-6148
- Allstate Insurance Co – 709 N Main St – Marion, VA 24354 – (276) 783-3325
For insurance agencies in your area, see this page of Marion auto insurance agents.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Virginia?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is there a local claims center in Marion?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
More information is located on the website for the Virginia Bureau of Insurance located here. Consumers can read industry bulletins, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about a company.
The following information may also be useful.
- Marion Car Insurance Savings the Big Companies Dont Want You to Know About
- 8 Simple Ways to Cut Car Insurance Costs in Marion
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high prices, denial of a claim or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is not as hard as you think.