Expensive car insurance can dwindle your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Many auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to find the best price available.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance in Mckeesport is not rocket science. Pennsylvania vehicle owners just need to know the tricks to shop online.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Mckeesport, Pennsylvania
Getting better car insurance pricing is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The best way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Just one form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A less efficient way to compare rate quotes is to take the time to go to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, Esurance and Progressive. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Mckeesport, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages and limits with each company. If the quotes have differing limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Mckeesport.
Save big with these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Additional consumer information websites
Even more information can be found at the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about a company.