If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, you may be confused by the large number of online companies offering coverage in Longview.
It’s important to do rate comparisons at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. If you had the best rates six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Washington, click this link.
But I want to work with a local agent
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-74.jpg" alt="Longview Washington car insurance quote”/>
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Longview who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Longview that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 3202 Ocean Beach Hwy, Longview, WA 98632 – (360) 423-9500
- Grange Insurance Agent – 1717 Olympia Way # 108, Longview, WA 98632 – (360) 423-8648
- Bush Williamson Agency – 1524 3rd Ave, Longview, WA 98632 – (360) 423-5060
- Farmers Insurance Group – 860 15th Ave, Longview, WA 98632 – (360) 423-1760
- Allstate Insurance – 1210 Commerce Ave, Longview, WA 98632 – (360) 423-2291
- Grant Insurance – 805 Ocean Beach Hwy # A, Longview, WA 98632 – (360) 423-9610
To view a complete directory of Longview insurance agents, view this link.
After getting positive feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found a company that can properly insure your vehicles.
Additional Washington car insurance resources
More detailed Washington car insurance information is located at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced car insurance is available online and with local Longview insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.