Are you at wits end from robbing Peter to pay Paul to keep your car insured? You are no different than many other people in Georgia. Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive best rate
It’s a good idea to compare prices as often as possible because prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There are a lot of ways to save on car insurance online but you can learn the best ways to lower your car insurance premiums.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Conyers is easy if you know what you’re doing. Georgia consumers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop for car insurance over the internet.
Reducing your insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes to discover which company has . It’s super easy and can be done by using one of the methods below.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method eliminates the need for separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A harder way to compare prices requires a visit to each company website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to get rates from Progressive, 21st Century and GEICO. You would need to take the time to go to each site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Conyers, click here.
Whichever way you use, try to keep the exact same quote information on every quote you get. If you have different values for each quote you will not be able to determine the best price in Conyers.
The ad said I’d save $408 a year!
Georgia consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings for switching by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads state the claim that drivers can save some big amount after switching your car insurance policy to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge you less for auto insurance? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance providers can use profiling for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a desirable risk might be described as over age 30, has no claims, and insures a new vehicle. Any new insured that fits those parameters will probably get cheap rates and therefore will save if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not match these standards may receive a higher rate and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can state the savings. This really emphasizes why you really should do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best prices.
Conyers car insurance prices are influenced by these factors
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
- Having a spouse is a good thing – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Too many claims drive up car insurance rates – Insurance companies in Georgia provide discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Occupation and insurance rates – Careers like fire fightersair traffic controllers and medical professionals tend to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as actors, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Use discounts to get cheaper Conyers car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the premium cost.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, paperless, teen driver, student away at school, mature driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid-in-full, safety device, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, emergency road assistance, claim free, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
If you are trying to find , ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered in your state. To choose companies that offer some of these discounts in Georgia, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
We covered some good ideas how to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When getting , make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed Georgia car insurance information is available at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, read state legal mandates and laws, and view a list of available companies.