Feeling guilty for buying an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are lots of people in the same boat. Companies like State Farm, Geico and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good driver, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Geico may have discounts that include daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, air bags, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts including student driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, homeowners, defensive driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
If you need , ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
There are several ways to compare prices from local Middletown auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to get quotes online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient method consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This style of form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. Filling out one form compares rates direct from many companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates is to take the time to go to each individual company website and fill out a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for Liberty Mutual, 21st Century and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and type in your information over and over, which can get rather old.
For a list of companies in Middletown, click here.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, make sure you are using equivalent coverages and limits for each quote you get. If you enter higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair comparison in Middletown. Just a small difference in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Summing up your auto insurance search
You just learned many ideas to lower your auto insurance premium rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.