Consumers new to shopping for car insurance online will discover sourcing is harder than it should be.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rates six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Use discounts on California auto insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Geico offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, driver training, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Esurance may have discounts that include homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, good driver, claim free, anti-theft, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, air bag, anti-theft, good student, and bundle.
Check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Mission Viejo. To choose companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Mission Viejo, click here to view.
Free Mission Viejo auto insurance price quotes
There are several ways to compare auto insurance prices and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in Mission Viejo, or you could save time and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many popular insurance companies take part in a program where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and at least one company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of system is that you can’t choose which carriers to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare rates, we have a listing of companies who write auto insurance in California. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using equivalent coverage information for each price quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine the best price in Mission Viejo.
Components of your insurance prices
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents , and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- A good credit score can save money – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by improving your rating. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- File a claims and pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in California provide lower rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Mission Viejo?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Mission Viejo insurance agents
A lot of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Mission Viejo.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Mission Viejo that give free quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are categorized either captive or independent (non-captive). Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Mission Viejo who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Boydstun Insurance Svc – 27001 LA Paz Rd – Mission Viejo, CA 92691 – (949) 465-9999
- Converium Reinsurance – 26421 Crown Valley Pkwy – Mission Viejo, CA 92691 – (949) 282-2000
Captive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Captives cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are captive insurance agents in Mission Viejo who can help you get price quotes.
- Bill Rosalino State Farm – 89 Zinnia St – Mission Viejo, CA 92694 – (949) 429-1626
- Allstate Insurance – 23166 Los Alisos Blvd # 205 – Mission Viejo, CA 92691 – (949) 580-3890
To contact agencies in your neighborhood, link to this directory of auto insurance agents in Mission Viejo, CA.
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy, get answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Smart consumers save more
Budget-conscious auto insurance is available on the web and with local Mission Viejo insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you , make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information about auto insurance
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the . Click here for link. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, find disaster information, and discover disciplinary actions.
Other related articles: