Comparing and finding cheaper coverage rates for Moncks Corner auto insurance may be a challenge for drivers not familiar with online rate comparisons. There are so many options available that it can easily be a chore to locate the lowest price in South Carolina.
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance prices and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste time talking about coverages with insurance agencies in Moncks Corner, or you could use the web to quickly compare rates.
Many companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for every auto insurance company.
To access this free quoting program, click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of system is you cannot specify the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in South Carolina. Click here to view list.
The approach you take is up to you, just be certain you are entering the exact same coverage data for every quote you compare. If you enter different data it’s impossible to make a fair comparison in Moncks Corner.
Save with these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Resident Student – who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better auto insurance rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online auto insurance quotes in Moncks Corner, click this link.
Smart consumers know how to buy auto insurance for less
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Credit history impacts premium premiums – An insured’s credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating.
- Always keep your policy in force – Going without insurance is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Less people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Young drivers in South Carolina have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a first-time driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.
- File a claims and pay more – Insurance companies in South Carolina award cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Moncks Corner?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in South Carolina?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
More information is available on the through this link. South Carolina drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, find out which companies have the most complaints, view agent and company licensing information, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Also read more on this page for auto insurance in South Carolina and QuoteClickSave.com.
One last thing to lower rates
When getting , it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.