Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can empty your personal savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Companies like State Farm and Geico continually bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage at least once a year because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best rates a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to agents in Monticello, or you could save time and use the web to get prices fast.
Many popular insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each participating company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you are unable to specify the insurers you want pricing from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in Arkansas. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, compare identical information for each price quote. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate in Monticello. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-35.jpg" alt="Monticello Arkansas insurance quotes” />
Don’t overlook these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Monticello, follow this link.
Compare online but buy from a local Monticello agent
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Monticello.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to participating agents in Monticello who will compete for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. How cool is that?! You can find better rates AND a local agent.
Shown below are Monticello insurers who can help you get price quotes.
Farm Bureau Monticello – 656 Barkada Rd, Monticello, AR 71655 – (870) 367-5379
Farmers Insurance Group – 613 W Bolling Ave, Monticello, AR 71655 – (870) 367-6623
Linda Booker Agency – 2019 Highway 425 N, Monticello, AR 71655 – (870) 367-1900
Carolyn Standley Insurance – 351 Highway 425 S # A, Monticello, AR 71655 – (870) 367-6261
First Union Insurance – 306 N Main St, Monticello, AR 71655 – (870) 460-9090
State Farm Insurance – 990 Highway 425 N, Monticello, AR 71655 – (870) 367-0662
Deciding on a company requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Upon getting good answers for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arkansas can be found on the website for the Arkansas Insurance Department. Click here for link. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Additional helpful sites include this online resource for free quotes in Arkansas and this page for help finding agents in Monticello, AR.
You just read many ways to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Geico and State Farm.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available online in addition to many Monticello insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.