Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners in Oklahoma. Many insurers vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to discover the definitive best price available.
It’s important to get comparison quotes at least once a year since rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rates a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Quick Moore Car Insurance Quotes
Most companies provide prices on their websites. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
The smarter way to lower your car insurance bill uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced and you can select any of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will be getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Moore may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as actors, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurers will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Moore who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Picking a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Compare rates from both independent and captive auto insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Moore are either captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are captive agencies in Moore that can give you price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 308 W Main St – Moore, OK 73160 – (405) 794-0020
Shelter Insurance – 504 Tower Dr # A – Moore, OK 73160 – (405) 794-0423
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Moore who can help you get price quotes.
Moore Insurance – 821 NW 27th St # B – Moore, OK 73160 – (405) 793-7000
L O Harrington Insurance – 201 SE 4th St – Moore, OK 73160 – (405) 799-5548
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Moore, please view this page.
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Oklahoma drivers can learn about insurance regulations, find a variety of consumer forms, read industry bulletins, and read consumer alerts.
One last thing about your coverage
You just read many ideas to save on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.