Are you drained from paying out the nose to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other California consumers. Multiple insurers compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the best price available.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Buying car insurance in Murrieta is not that difficult. California consumers just need to know the best way to shop their coverage around online.
Drivers save money with with these discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- Murrieta Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Murrieta.
The best way to compare rates is to know most insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like marital status, if the car is leased, how many miles driven, and whether you have decent credit. Your information is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes very quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
Learn how to buy car insurance for less
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rate level.
- Incidental coverages push up prices – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better rates – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your car is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Raise deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Avoid tickets and save – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Local Murrieta insurance agencies and car insurance
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is still important in Murrieta.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Murrieta who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Murrieta car insurance agents
If you want a local Murrieta insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Murrieta agents are categorized either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Murrieta that may be able to give free price quotes.
Legacy Estate and Insurance – 24544 Avenida Arconte – Murrieta, CA 92562 – (951) 766-4680
Key Freeman and Kenney Insurance – 41391 Kalmia St – Murrieta, CA 92562 – (951) 698-8814
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Captive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Murrieta captive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 40685 California Oaks Rd # H – Murrieta, CA 92562 – (951) 461-0637
State Farm Insurance – 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Rd – Murrieta, CA 92563 – (951) 461-4979
To see available agents near you, feel free to see this complete selection of Murrieta car insurance providers.
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Find out more about car insurance
Additional information can be found on the California Department of Insurance website located here. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, learn about specific coverages, read industry bulletins, and find a variety of consumer forms.