There isn’t a single person who gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially when they know they could lower their rates if they shopped around. Many insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute lowest price
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage in Bryan is not that difficult. But Texas vehicle owners do need to learn how companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
More affordable rates with these car insurance discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every discount they offer very well, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to scrutinize driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Bryan Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for youthful driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and distant student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, multi-policy, new move discount, multi-car, and newly married.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local Bryan insurance agencies
Some people just want to go talk to an agent. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Bryan.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Bryan agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents are considered either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Shown below are Bryan independent insurance agents that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
Dick Munday Insurance – 2714 Maloney Ave – Bryan, TX 77801 – (979) 822-3725
A D S Insurance Agency – 3412 E 29th St – Bryan, TX 77802 – (979) 846-7376
Mike Southerland Insurance – 1200 Briarcrest Dr # 3200 – Bryan, TX 77802 – (979) 260-4151
Captive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Captive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of captive agencies in Bryan who can help you get price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 1737 Briarcrest Dr # 11 – Bryan, TX 77802 – (979) 776-1300
Allstate Insurance – 3601 E 29th St # 14 – Bryan, TX 77802 – (979) 846-6466
To view insurance agents in your area, visit this complete selection of insurance agents in Bryan.
Selecting a auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which family members are covered?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Additional Texas car insurance resources
Additional information can be read on the found here. Texas drivers can view agent and company licensing information, view a list of available companies, and read state legal mandates and laws.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Bryan
- Compare Auto Insurance Pricing From Bryan Insurance Agencies
- Bryant Arkansas Car Insurance Savings the Insurance Companies Dont Want You to Know About
Lower rates by being persistent
Lower-priced car insurance is definitely available online and from local agencies, so you need to with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
When you , make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.