I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, particularly when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
It’s a good idea to compare rates on a regular basis because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You’ll find a ton of advice on auto insurance out there, but you can learn a lot of great tips on how to put money back in your pocket.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying car insurance in Church Point is quite easy. Louisiana drivers just need to learn how to compare prices online.
Get cheap Louisiana auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these disounts will be visible when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and Geico allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their compared to accident prone drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have lower auto insurancerates if you buy a life policy as well.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, student away at school, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Geico discounts include multi-vehicle, air bags, driver training, anti-theft, multi-policy, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, multi-car, newly retired, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, bundle, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Church Point. For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Louisiana, click here.
Beware of misleading auto insurance ads
Louisiana drivers can’t get away from ads for cheaper auto insurance from the likes of Geico, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to state the claim that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free and switch to them.
How can each company offer you a better deal? This is the trick they use.
All companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For example, this type of insured might be described as between 25 and 40, has few claims, and has excellent credit. Any driver that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be charged a higher rate and the customer buying from a different company. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings.
Because every company is different, you really should compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to guess the company that will be your best fit.
Additional information is available on the through this link. Louisiana consumers can download brochures, get help finding coverage, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Do the work, save more money
When searching for , it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective auto insurance is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents.