Nobody looks forward to paying for car insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the best rates possible.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Finding affordable coverage in Johnson City is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Tennessee consumers should learn how big insurance companies price insurance differently.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-60.jpg" alt="Tennessee car insurance quote”/>
To see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Tennessee?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Tennessee?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Additional information can be found on the website for the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance located here. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out which companies have the most complaints, and file complaints about a company.
Do the work, save more money
Cheaper car insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Johnson City insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.