Consumers who are new to the process of buying insurance online can find finding affordable Kissimmee car insurance very challenging.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Finding the best protection in Kissimmee is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Florida car owners must understand how the larger insurance companies market on the web.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Kissimmee
Most major insurance companies quote coverage prices on their websites. Getting online rates is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes in order to find a lower rate.
There is an easier way!
A quicker way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form that analyzes rates from several different companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the pricing results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and can result in significant savings.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive better car insurance rates.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Kissimmee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Kissimmee who will compete for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. How’s that for easy! You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent.
The difference between Kissimmee auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Kissimmee agents are categorized either captive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Kissimmee independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- James Bond Agency Inc – 1327 E Vine St – Kissimmee, FL 34744 – (407) 943-7474
- Coen Agency – 204 Farrington Ln – Kissimmee, FL 34744 – (407) 348-2295
- Moorehead Pro Insurance Svc – 3145 W Vine St – Kissimmee, FL 34741 – (407) 891-8888
- Agency Santiago – 413 Short Dr – Kissimmee, FL 34759 – (863) 427-7356
- Fed USA Insurance – 1501 N Main St – Kissimmee, FL 34744 – (407) 846-7700
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Kissimmee that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Liberty Mutual – 3485 W Vine St – Kissimmee, FL 34741 – (407) 343-9071
- Allstate Insurance – 1131 E Vine St – Kissimmee, FL 34744 – (407) 933-2513
- State Farm Insurance – 316 N John Young Pkwy # 7 – Kissimmee, FL 34741 – (407) 847-0229
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1680 W Vine St – Kissimmee, FL 34741 – (407) 847-9905
To view a full list of captive insurance agents in Kissimmee, please go to this site.
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long has their agency been in business in Kissimmee?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
After receiving reasonable responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can adequately provide car insurance.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Florida?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Save Money with These Tips
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Florida generally give better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just covered a lot of ways to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a small local company.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Click here for link. Florida drivers can discover disciplinary actions, learn about specific coverages, read state legal mandates and laws, and view a list of available companies.