Nobody enjoys paying for auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high. Since consumers have many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the cheapest car insurance company.
Shopping for the lowest cost protection in Tampa is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Florida drivers only need an understanding of how to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Tampa Auto Insurance Comparisons
All major auto insurance companies give pricing online. Getting quotes is quite easy as you simply type in your coverage information into a form. When the form is submitted, their rating system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price determined by many factors. This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the best price on auto insurance.
Compare rates the easy way
A more efficient way to compare rates uses one form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much more efficient. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the resulting price quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
We covered many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced auto insurance is attainable online and with local Tampa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.