Are you a victim of overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say many Abilene consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the definite cheapest price
You should take the time to shop coverage around yearly because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. So block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Abilene is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Texas vehicle owners must comprehend how companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Abilene may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
To see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Abilene, click this link.
Smart Consumers Save More
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more expense you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
But buying car insurance online seems impersonal
Some people just want to buy from a local agent. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local businesses is important especially in Abilene.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Abilene who will compete for your coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Abilene
When researching a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Abilene can either be captive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
Shown below are Abilene independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
Perkins Group Of Insurance – 3814 N 1st St – Abilene, TX 79603 – (325) 673-9311
Holdridge Insurance Agency – 542 Greenfield Rd – Abilene, TX 79602 – (325) 529-4561
Western Surplus Lines Agency – 2 Village Dr # 300 – Abilene, TX 79606 – (325) 695-9820
Wrinkle Insurance – 2303 S Danville Dr – Abilene, TX 79605 – (325) 795-0994
Prefferred General Agency – 4400 Buffalo Gap Rd – Abilene, TX 79606 – (325) 437-4350
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Abilene captive agents willing to provide price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 2302 S 14th St – Abilene, TX 79605 – (325) 677-9010
Farm Bureau Insurance – 3301 N 3rd St # 115 – Abilene, TX 79603 – (325) 672-2225
Allstate Insurance – 3382 Rebecca Ln – Abilene, TX 79606 – (325) 691-0356
Farmers Insurance Group – 2 Village Dr # 103 – Abilene, TX 79606 – (325) 690-9064
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Abilene, click here to link.
Selecting a car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Who are their largest clients?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Additional Texas car insurance resources
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be found on the website for the Texas Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Consumers can download brochures, learn about insurance regulations, and find out industry alerts.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Cheap auto insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Abilene insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.