Overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance company choices in Altoona? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many choices that it can quickly become a big hassle to find better rates.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest rates on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison in Altoona, IA
Most companies provide coverage price quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage information into the quote form. When complete, their system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on these factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
There is a better way!
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form that gets prices from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can select any or none of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective auto insurance can be found on the web in addition to many Altoona insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.