Perplexed by the sheer number of car insurance companies available to you? You’re not alone. You have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a real challenge to find the best premium rates. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Foley is a great place to live, but high car insurance prices can make it impossible to buy proper levels of coverage.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
When shopping for , there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from many available car insurance companies in Alabama. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This quick form saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each company. Just one form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers. This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to get quotes online requires a visit to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare Auto-Owners, State Farm and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which can take a lot of time.
To view a list of companies in Foley, click here.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but try to use identical coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Foley. Just slight variations in coverages could skew the results. And when quoting car insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate the best rates.
Earn discounts on Foley car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Deterent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Alabama, click this link.
Additional Alabama consumer information
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Alabama drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find disaster information, view agent and company licensing information, and learn about insurance regulations.