Did budget coverage turn out to be overpriced auto insurance? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Companies like Geico, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly bombard you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers need to quote other rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best rates a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Finding cheap Moses Lake auto insurance quotes can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a little time comparing to see which company has . This can easily be done by following the guidelines below.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Just one form gets you price quotes direct from many companies.
- A less efficient way to compare prices is spending the time to visit each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare Allstate, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. To do that, you would have to visit each site and punch in your information repeatedly, which can take a lot of time.
For a list of companies in Moses Lake, click here.
The method you choose is up to you, but do your best to use the exact same quote information for each comparison quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s not possible to find the best deal in Moses Lake.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Consumers in Washington can’t get away from ads that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and Geico. All the ads seem to make the promise about saving some big amount if you get a free and switch your auto insurance policy to them.
How does every auto insurance company charge less that you’re paying now? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers have specific guidelines for the type of customer that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable insured might have to be a married male, has no driving citations, and has great credit. Anyone who fits that profile receive the lowest rate quotes and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who cannot meet the ideal profile will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can make claims like that. Because of this risk profiling, drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-88.jpg" alt="Moses Lake Washington car insurance quote”/>
Choices you make can reduce your rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Poor credit can mean higher premiums – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Alarm systems save money – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Prevent auto insurance lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Washington motor vehicle department.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most companies apply better rates to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save money by buying from different companies
- Type of car determines base rates – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The more you drive your car in a year the higher your rate. Most companies calculate prices based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your policy states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Don’t overlook these auto insurance discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a .
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may have most of these discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in Moses Lake.
When to get professional advice
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Moses Lake?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding . You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, Geico and Nationwide.
More affordable auto insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Moses Lake agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more Washington car insurance information
Even more information can be read at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Consumers can download brochures, read consumer alerts, and find disaster information.