Are you a victim of an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are many Purcell consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance. Since you have so many car insurance companies to choose from, it’s difficult to find the most affordable insurance company.
Finding affordable coverage in Purcell is not rocket science. In a nutshell, anyone who carries car insurance will most likely be able to find lower rates. But Oklahoma drivers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts for lower Oklahoma car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-101.jpg" alt="lower rates in Purcell” />
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, paid in full, multiple vehicles, air bags, teen driver, and company car.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, accident-free, defensive driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance may have discounts that include safety device, multi-car, good driver, renters, anti-theft, and online shopper.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t understand the easiest way. You can spend countless hours talking to insurance companies in Purcell, or you could use online quoting to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
All the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers complete one form, and every company then returns a price quote. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you cannot specify which carriers to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a page of low cost car insurance companies in Oklahoma. View list of Oklahoma insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare the exact same coverage information with each company. If you are comparing differing limits you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate in Purcell. Just slight variations in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
Affordable car insurance is out there
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.