If you’re looking for lower-priced insurance online, do you get frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance sources in your area? Consumers have so many sources to choose from that it can really be a chore to find the best prices. If you’ve ever been there, you know that West Richland is a great place to live, but paying high auto insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to pay for enough auto insurance coverage.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes in West Richland, click this link.
Save Money with these tips
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents , and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Careful drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers with careless citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
- Do you have enough liability? – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Your location is a factor – Being located in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local West Richland insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in West Richland.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in West Richland are categorized either independent or captive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in West Richland who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Wilson Insurance Assoc – 3737 W Van Giesen St # C – West Richland, WA 99353 – (509) 967-4667
Captive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Captive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy from captive agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Deciding on a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
The auto insurance bait and switch
Auto insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies tend to make the same promise that people will save after switching to them. How does every company give you a lower rate? Here is the trick they use.
Companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. One example of this type of driver could possibly be over the age of 35, has other policies, and does not commute to work. Any driver who matches that profile will get low prices and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher prices and ends up with business not being written. The trick is to say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully make claims like that.
This really emphasizes why you should compare many company’s premium rates. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Additional consumer information websites
Additional information can be found on the website for the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner. Click here for link. Visitors are able to find a variety of consumer forms, learn about insurance regulations, view agent and company licensing information, and find out industry alerts.
Lower rates by being persistent
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy cancellation or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more you , the better likelihood of getting . You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheap auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local West Richland insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.