Have you had enough of not being able to afford to insure your vehicles every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners in Idaho.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, Geico and Allstate persitently shower you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
Consumers need to shop coverage around periodically because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to find great coverage at a great price.
Save big with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Eagle?
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The quickest method to find the lowest rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating a different quote for each company. Completing one form will return quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- A less efficient way to shop for auto insurance online requires visiting each company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want rates from State Farm, Esurance and Progressive. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Eagle, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverages with each company. If you have mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine the best price in Eagle. Just a small difference in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes will enable you to find the best price.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Eagle insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to save on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Geico and State Farm.