Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are no different than the majority of other car owners in Arizona.
Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Free Fountain Hills Car Insurance Quotes
There are a variety of methods to compare car insurance quotes, but one way is less time-consuming than others. You could spend your day talking to agents in Fountain Hills, or you could save time and use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Many popular insurance companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to submit one quote, and each company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to each company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly the companies you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in Arizona. Click here for list of insurance companies in Arizona.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverage limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Fountain Hills. Just a small difference in limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Slick advertising tricks that work
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching to their company. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer might be a mature driver, has no tickets, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your by improving your rating.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Arizona give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- More performance means more cost – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Fountain Hills can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Local Fountain Hills agents and car insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fountain Hills who will compete for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Two types of Fountain Hills insurance agents
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are categorized either captive or independent.
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below are captive insurance agents in Fountain Hills who may provide you with price quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 16715 E Palisades Blvd # 104 – Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 – (480) 837-0266
Farmers Insurance Group – 11803 N Saguaro Blvd – Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 – (480) 315-1180
American Family Insurance – 12035 N Saguaro Blvd # 205 – Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 – (480) 836-8600
State Farm Insurance – 16921 E Palisades Blvd # 107 – Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 – (480) 837-1616
These agents are not locked into one company but rather can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Fountain Hills who can help you get comparison quotes.
Paulsrud Agency – 13239 N LA Montana Dr # 103b – Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 – (480) 816-1855
Padgett Insurance Inc – 9410 N Fireridge Trl – Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 – (480) 816-0761
Fireman Funds Insurance Co – 15421 E Palomino Blvd – Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 – (480) 836-2207
To view a full list of Fountain Hills insurance agents, view this link.
Upon getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Summing up your car insurance search
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how you can shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More detailed Arizona car insurance information is located at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about a company.